Every December, the songs I used to sing as a little girl during the holidays replay in my mind (not to mention over and over on the radio). Some of my favorite Christmas songs include: “Jingle Bells,” “Silent Night” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.” One of my all-time favorite songs is “The 12 Days of Christmas.”
This year, I’m doing my own take of “The 12 Days of Christmas” with “The 12 Best People in My Life” (in no particular order). Actually, I wanted to start with my team at Brigade Bookkeeping. All of you know them as your go-to bookkeeping team, but I see them everyday as the elves or people in my life that make this Santa factory work. So during these few days before Christmas, I wanted to introduce you to the 12 best people in my life:
- Chrissy Medina – Chrissy is our go-to person in Brigade Bookkeeping’s Accounting Department. She is a staff accountant and has been with Brigade since February 2013.
- Jenny Castillo – Jenny is a staff accountant and an integral part of the team. She’s studying for her CPA. Good things are yet to come!
- Rosa Batista – Rosa is an accounting assistant, who has been with Brigade since November 2013.
- Katherine Hernandez – Katherine is an essential part of our accounting department. Thank you Katherine for all that you do!
- Elena Ticus – Elena is our administrative manager and the glue that holds us together.
- Marisol Gimenez – Marisol joined us in February of this year, but I’ve known her since our husbands worked together even before we were married.
- Jen Jimenez – Jen is an accounting assistant and started in April 2014.
- Christopher Gonzalez – Christopher is an intern after my own heart. That’s because he’s still a student at John A. Ferguson High School in Miami and a superstar because he’s already getting on-the-job experience.
- Lorenzo Stephens – Lorenzo is an intern on our team. He’s studying accounting at Florida International University (FIU). He started with us in October and is doing a great job.
- Rachel Oliva – Rachel is an intern too from FIU, studying finance. She’s been with us since October and we’re thankful for that!
- Will and Katelyn Manso – Because they are my two peas in a pod, I am counting my two loves, my husband, Will, and my daughter, Katelyn, together. I love you both more than life itself!
- “Abuelita” aka Catalina Rodriguez – When they say it takes a village, they meant it takes an Abuelita or grandmother to lean on in life. Everyone should be as lucky as I am to have a grandma or Abuelita like Catalina Rodriguez. Te quiero Abuelita!
There are a lot more than 12 great people in my life. I am so lucky to have all of you, my friends, my clients, and my family in my life. This has been a blessed year with lots of new adventures and many achievements. I thank all of you for being a part of that and for sharing in this journey with me.
I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year!