Is it time to hire more staff? What am I spending money on? If money is coming in, why aren’t we increasing profits?
Business owners call me with these questions every day. Often, they are frustrated and frantic, without the information they need to make good decisions for the future of their company.
As an entrepreneur, you’re focused on building your business. But, when you’re facing critical financial questions like these, yet don’t have the expertise to get to the right answers, it’s a good time to seek the help of a professional bookkeeper. More than just a record keeper, our team at Brigade Bookkeeping can provide the kind of guidance that means the difference between healthy growth and frustrating stagnation.
Here are a few of the ways bookkeepers help you grow your small business.
For starters, your books get in order, and stay that way.
The foundation for success lies in a solid bookkeeping system that will track the sales, purchases, payments and receipts. You may decide you need daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly services. The point is to ensure there is never any down-time with your recordkeeping, and we can help you keep track.
Then, we can give you tools to help you understand the business picture.
Bookkeepers can provide:
- Customized financial reports: This include the profit/ loss balance sheet, income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flow. If there are other key metrics that are important to your business, we can provide a customized report accordingly.
- Annual budgets: The budget will be compared to actual results to identify discrepancies and ensure that the business makes any necessary changes.
- Rolling forecast: Bookkeepers should also be reviewing what actually occurred each month, and predict how that will affect the future.
We also can help you make and save money.
As we become familiar with your business model, we can make recommendations on how to reduce spending and increase income.
And in time, we can be a strategic sounding board.
We truly love doing this for our clients. When entrepreneurs are your clients, you get to know a lot of business models. We can identify opportunities or financial trends you may not have noticed, and can offer business advice on a number of topics, including:
- Making financial process improvements.
- Getting paid faster.
- Eligible tax credits.
- Growth planning.
- Government grants or other program funding for growing and expanding your business.
- Marketing and sales strategies.
- General business methodology.
Hiring a professional bookkeeper can be a step that pays for itself, and we’re ready to help. Contact us to learn how we can be a part of your future business success.
“5 Ways Bookkeeping Services Can Help You Grow Your Business” The Payroll Department, Inc.
“Six Ways Bookkeepers Can Strengthen Your Business” by Marilyn J. Rushing
“Three Ways SLC Bookkeeping Can Help Your Small Business Grow” by Matt Roberge