I am no fan of South Florida traffic, but when I’m stuck in it this time of year, my daughter Katelyn and I love to sing one of our favorite holiday tunes, “The 12 Days of Christmas.” The song reminds me of my childhood, but also of the people I work with. That’s because in the past, I’ve turned “The 12 Days of Christmas” into my own personal hit, “The 12 Best People in My Life.”
With the holiday season here, I’m remaking “The 12 Best People in My Life” starting with my team at Brigade Bookkeeping. All of you know them as your go-to bookkeeping team, but I see them everyday as the elves, or people in my life that make this workshop run smoothly. So during this time before Christmas, I thought it would be appropriate to introduce or re-acquaint you to the 12 best people in my life (in no particular order):
- Chrissy Medina: Chrissy has been with Brigade Bookkeeping for over 5 years! Her strongest skills are team leadership and attention to detail. A fun fact about her is that she calls herself a “fur mom” to two beautiful dogs, Luna and Nova.
- Nely Oakes: Nely has been with Brigade for over 4 years. Her strongest skills are attention to detail and organization. A cool tidbit about her is she served in the U.S. Army for 8 years!
- Jen Jimenez: Jen has been with Brigade for 4 years. She is great at remembering details and is called the “Madam Memorizer” of Brigade. She enjoys de-stressing with yoga.
- Marisol Gimenez: Marisol has been with Brigade for over 3 years. She loves numbers and is known as the “Knowledge Ninja” of Brigade. She enjoys spending her time with family and friends.
- Sharis Tanue: Sharis has been with Brigade for 2 years. She is known as the “guidance guru” at the Brigade office AND she is actually a Cameroonian Princess!
- Rachel Oliva: Rachel has been with Brigade for over 2 years. She is very dependable and easy to communicate with. She loves to rock out to soft rock bands like Coldplay and U2.
- Maggie Lange:Maggie has been with Brigade for over a year now. She is known for working well under a fast paced environment and quickly finding errors. One personal highlight is her love for animals in need and helping others.
- Stevan Radakovic: Stevan has been with Brigade for over a year now. He is great at solving IT related problems. A fun fact about him is he’s 6’9” and played professional basketball in Europe!
- Katie Medina: Katie has been with Brigade for 3 years. Her strongest quality is her creative mind and her social media skills (she manages Brigade’s Instagram!). Her interests include photography and traveling.
- Lissy Cordoba: Lissy is the newest addition to Brigade Bookkeeping this year. She is very dependable and loves to learn something new every day. She is currently an accounting student at Florida International University.
- Katelyn Manso (My beautiful daughter): Katelyn is the love of my life, the person who brings a smile to my face (and worry lines to my forehead) every day and the toughest and most wonderful 12-year-old girl I know.
- “Abuelita” aka Catalina Rodriguez (My grandmother): When they say it takes a village, they meant it takes an Abuelita or grandmother to lean on in life. Everyone should be as lucky as I am to have a grandma or Abuelita like Catalina Rodriguez. Te quiero Abuelita!
There are a lot more than 12 great people in my life. I am so lucky to have all of you, my friends, my clients, and my family in my life. This has been a blessed year with lots of new adventures and many achievements. I thank all of you for being a part of that and for sharing in this journey with me.
I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year!