Every year, I start off writing down ideas that I have been meaning to implement, but didn’t get around to. Then from that list, I choose a goal and take action.
As the owner of a bookkeeping business, my company and staff are focused on keeping our client’s books in order. For many, that means letting them know where they might be able to save money or spend it to make more of it. We are always informing our clients about their profits and losses and in turn, encouraging them to take action to improve their business. We have seen so many clients turn their five figure businesses into six or seven figures.
In the spirit of the gentle nudge I offer my clients my yearly goal setting action plan. I wanted to pass along some ideas you may want to implement in 2018 to take action on your business goals this year:
- KNOW YOUR NUMBERS – If you want to grow or change your business in any way, you need to know where it currently stands. This means knowing your numbers. If your current accountant or bookkeeper isn’t sharing your profits and losses with you, then ask for it. If he or she can’t or won’t share those numbers, then consider changing your bookkeeper. I make sure my clients receive their profits and losses at least once a quarter.
- WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS – If you want to take action this year, the first thing you should do is write down your goals or things you’ve been wanting to do but haven’t yet. When I write things down, it makes me accountable.
- CHOOSE A GOAL – Once you’ve written down a goal, choose the one you think is most feasible. Then set your mind to it and get it done.
- TAKE ACTION – The only way to get something done is to do it. Now that you’ve written down your goals and picked one, take action on your goal TODAY, no excuses!
- ASK – If you haven’t taken action yet, what’s stopping you? Do you need help? If you do, don’t be afraid to ask for it. I was recently reminded that you should never be afraid to ask for help because you never know who might be able to help you achieve your goals. People are more willing to help than you would imagine.
So this is it, 2018 is the year you will not only set your goals, but take action on them. If you need help, don’t be afraid to ask. Start by emailing me. My team and I at Brigade Bookkeeping love to see goals set and met.
Good luck this year; make a change, do something different, ask for help if needed, but do it now!